IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wait command not working in triggers.
Guest_cybern8r_*
post Aug 7 2003, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Guests

I have a trigger set that when I get type a certain thing, it waits 1 second, and then executes a game command. This is the trigger I used.

##wait 1 look

But, it won't work. The client interprates the wait command as a regular game command, and because of that, doesn't wait 1 second before doing the real game command. However, when I manually type something like;

##wait 1 look

it waits 1 second before executing the look command, like it's supposed to. Is it that the wait local command can't be used in triggers or something, or did I just do it wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Kaleisha
post May 9 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 62

I just read this and thought I'd try it and see what happens. I set up a trigger to do

##wait 10 bw
##wait 14 ponder
##wait 18 shrug

on seeing the word 'test'

In my own mud which is a custom code base I then said 'test' and the trigger fired with the appropiate timing on each command

So I logged into aetolia to see if I could replicate the problems there, It's working fine as it should with the right delays

I set the test trigger to input and while I got the I cannot fathom your meaning message from the game being confused about test, the rest of the trigger still fired as it should with the right timing. I'm wondering if the mud you're playing isn't picking up on the enter between each line? you could try setting it up with double returns in the trigger and see if that helps seperate them? like this I always put in an enter after my last command in the trigger too, perhaps that is it

##wait 10 bw

##wait 14 ponder

##wait 18 shrug

I've got logins in about 6 different muds, all various codebases and I wasn't able to botch my trigger up to replicate the problem you're having, whhat kind of codebase is the mud you play?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2024 - 07:36 AM