Problems with 1.5.2, 'download now'=crash, broken trigs |
Problems with 1.5.2, 'download now'=crash, broken trigs |
Jan 18 2010, 06:08 AM
|
|
Newbie Group: Members Posts: 7 Joined: 1-January 09 Member No.: 1428 |
Getting the prompt when I logged into my usual mud today that there was a new version of Savitar available was nice, however it froze my window with the spinning wheel and forced me to quit the app... not force quit, apl-q worked (I think, it was a few hours ago but I don't recall bringing up the 'force quit' menu.)
The next problem is trickier and makes me wish I hadn't deleted my copy of 1.5.1: I have a trigger, simply: [input] [line starts with] [case sensitive] c $$spll So that whatever spell I cast becomes the variable held by %%spll There's nothing in the reply box because it still sends the command to the mud, it just uses whatever spell I cast to fill the variable so it can be cast again should I fail it. I've had it for years and it works fine, exactly how I want it to, so that if i fail casting it, then the following line 'You fail to cast the spell.' triggers 'c %%spll' Anyway, when I type c fly or cont[inual light] or any other spell, nothing happens. If I uncheck that trigger in my trigger window and type it again, it casts fine but it doesn't set the variable to the spell I cast. So I'd appreciate it if you could make Savitar151.zip available for download so I can mud as usual while you fix the problem. I wish I still kept back-ups of older versions, i stopped doing that after years of filling up CDs with old software 'just in case.' Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Jay. |
|
|
Jan 18 2010, 06:18 AM
|
|
Newbie Group: Members Posts: 7 Joined: 1-January 09 Member No.: 1428 |
I downgraded to 1.4.3 and it works as intended; I'd like to move back up to 1.5.1 but this'll do fine for now, it seems.
|
|
|
Jan 21 2010, 08:41 PM
|
|
Administrator Group: Admin Posts: 168 Joined: 2-May 03 From: New Hampshire Member No.: 1 |
I'll look at fixing this. In the meanwhile, feel free to downgrade to 1.5.1. It's still on the server. Here's the direct link: http://www.heynow.com/savitar/download/Savitar151.zip
|
|
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 28th October 2024 - 11:43 PM |