IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Events' vs. Triggers or Macros, Is it possible?
rowanflowers
post Apr 10 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Since switching from DSL to broadband, I seem unable to idle for 15m without completely freezing on a MUSH. As a wizard, builder and long poser (sorry) this hasn't been the most convenient "new feature" of broadband.

We've performed a few tests and having ambiance code active in the space where I'm standing seems to alleviate this issue (though, very spammily, if I may invent an adverb). An associate of mine uses 'events' in SimpleMu to send a @pemit %R (line return) to get to the same solution and in a much easier-on-the-brain fashion. I have played around with macros and triggers, but neither seem to fit the solution I'm after.

Anyone have any hints on how they might be used or how I might be able to go about it?

Thanks muchly
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Day
post Apr 13 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

I, too, had this problem. I managed to write a macro for it, which I set to be triggered in my connect commands. Here:

##task 600 IDLE

This sends the IDLE command every, what, 600 seconds, so... ten minutes? If you're not playing on the most recent PennMUSH build, then the IDLE command prolly isn't there and you'll have to make do with something else. Before IDLE was invented I used th time() and it was kind of convenient for things to be time-stamped every ten minutes.

->Day<-

--------------------
->Day<-
Doom-sayer and Pessimist, Extraordinaire

http://www.texastrombones.net

+Quote Post
Ellis1138
post Apr 24 2004, 08:31 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (rowanflowers @ Apr 10 2004, 06:37 PM)
Since switching from DSL to broadband, I seem unable to idle for 15m without completely freezing on a MUSH. As a wizard, builder and long poser (sorry) this hasn't been the most convenient "new feature" of broadband.

This is a firewall issue that isn't solvable except by what the guy said. Set a pinger.

PennMUSH has IDLE for just this purpose. If not, I just use ##task 600 think %b

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 5 2004, 08:54 PM
Post #4

Guests

It might not be anyone's fault but your own. I don't know what system you're running, but there are settings in your system preferences to disconnect you from the network if you're idle for too long, in your case, 15 minutes.

+Quote Post
Guest_Axl@Alter Aeon_*
post Jun 5 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #5

Guests

Sorry, forgot to mention System 9, in the above post. That unnamed post was me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2024 - 03:07 AM