Savitar 1.5 is Heynow Software's most recent version of our MUD / MUSH / MOO client for Mac OS X. The latest news, changes, and additional information on the current release can be found in the release notes.
Savitar is a telnet-based application with features tailored for connecting to internet-based virtual worlds. Often referred to as "MUDs" (Multi-User Dungeons) or "MOOs" (Multiuser Object-Oriented).
A lot of useful information about MUDs can be found at the MUD Connector website. MOO information can be found on MOO-Cows.com.
Comments, suggestions, or a bug report? Send mail to Savitar's lead developer, Jay Koutavas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a summary of Savitar's features:
- MCP SimpleEdit support
- Option to use regular expressions in trigger matching
- Easy-to-User "World Picker" for first time log ins
- User selectable window foreground and background colors
- Supports ANSI escape sequence (color) output
- Supports send/receive of HTML style tags
- Supports per-world "autologin" commands
- Supports per-world input and output event triggers and variables
- Supports easy to use styling, coloring, gagging, and sound triggers
- Supports triggerable speech output
- Supports continuous speech output
- Supports ability to use wildcards in a trigger
- Triggers and worlds import/export with a mouse drag
- Provides 18 easy to program macro keys
- Supports dozens of user-definable macro hot keys and variables
- Variables are settable via wildcards
- Supports "auto-text" entry of variables during input
- All data is stored in easy-to-edit XML (eXtensiable Markup Language)
- Can create, edit, and save text documents
- Has split screens, command line recall, multi-sessions, file upload, capture, and all that jazz too
Version 1.5 of Savitar is a "Universal Binary". It'll run on PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macintoshes with Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger), 10.5.8 (Leopard) and 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).
If you are on a PowerPC based Mac running Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Panther), please use Savitar 1.4.3.
If you are on a PowerPC based Mac running Mac OS X 10.0.4 (Cheetah) 10.1.5 (Puma) or 10.2.8 (Jaguar), or Mac OS 9, or even Mac OS 8.6, please use Savitar version 1.3.12.
If you are running on a 68K-based Macintosh running Mac OS 8.6 or 9, Savitar version 1.1.4 is for you.
The current release of Savitar is always available from the Heynow Software website: http://www.heynow.com/Savitar/download.html
Savitar is a Vedic god from Hindu mythology. It is said that Savitar is another personification of the sun. His name means the "Inspirer," and is derived from the root sa -- to drive or stimulate. As the sun-god he is spoken of as the golden-eyed, golden-tongued, and golden-handed.
It is also written of Savitar: "Whatever moves or acts is dependent on this deity with golden eyes, golden hands, and golden tongues."
Thus, we have the name "Savitar" -- an inspired telnet application that handles motion and action within the Internet's many online worlds.